The way it is

SO....My name is Tori and here is my story....

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Posted by The way it is...

Today I had the opportunity to watch a very inspirational episode of Oprah. I am not an over obsessive person with regards to feminism, however I do believe in a dream. Today there were 3 inspirational women from the Congo in Africa who have made a difference in their own culture and even the lives of Americans. One woman was raped and beaten her entire life, even burned to death however she maintained to fulfill 5 dreams; move to America, get a college degree, get a masters degree, remarry, and in a few months she will be rewarded with a Ph.D.

The world is a tough place, perhaps one day we will be look back and be ashamed for the hell that aspires in the Congo. But for now, I have learned something today...I can do anything and be happy for what I have.

"When you learn, teach. When you get, give." May the world be a better place if we empower women in Africa.

www.oprah.com/forallwomen

0 comments: